CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Audit Manager in Dallas, Texas
CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) is looking for a highly motivated Audit Managerto join our team in our team in Dallas, TX
In this position you will:
- Assume full responsibility for planning, supervising, and controlling all phases of the firm’s regular services for those clients delegated by principals.
- Delegate or assume in-charge responsibility; project and plan the timing of the workload to promote the most efficient operation of the staff.
- Lead the decision-making process for assigned engagements/clients; keep the engagement principal fully informed of major decisions, engagement progress, the client’s situation, and potential concerns.
- Develop a responsible and trained team through assistance in recruiting, planning assignments, resolving problems, providing direct consultation to staff, evaluating staff performance, and acting as an instructor or discussion leader in professional development programs.
- Delegate or supervise preparation of the engagement letter for approval by the engagement principal, discuss the nature and terms of the assignment with the client, estimate fees, and ensure client signs and returns the engagement letter prior to the start of the engagement.
- Evaluate internal controls and audit programs prepared by staff, revise as necessary, and present to the engagement principal for approval.
- Follow the engagement progress through monitoring time budgets and deadlines for adherence; communicate important developments to the engagement principal along with facts, conclusions and recommendations; provide ongoing attention to client management; and prepare final client meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 6+ years of public accounting experience with emphasis in financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations
- Current CPA licensure required
- Ability to travel to client sites that may also require overnight travel
- Advanced technical knowledge of audit, accounting, and tax concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to show strong leadership and mentoring capabilities
- Dynamic interpersonal manner with the capacity to develop and train staff through supervised practice
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
ABOUT THE FIRM CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help clients succeed professionally and personally. Our team members are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 17-1856
Title: Audit Manager