Jewish Community Center Fitness Floor Associate in Dallas, Texas
The Fitness Floor Associate is responsible for excellent member service on the fitness floor, standard operations, enforcing policies, monitoring & cleanliness throughout the Fitness Center and equipment. This position is a part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 29 hours per week. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
CURRENT OPEN SHIFTS WILL VARY BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4:30AM-10:00PM WEEKDAYS AND 6:30AM-6:00PM WEEKENDS. PLEASE INDICATE CURRENT HOURS OF AVAILABILITY WHEN APPLYING.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and apply the basic foundations of fitness programming including strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, and flexibility.
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center & deliver equipment orientations.
- Greet members and guests and maintain a professional demeanor at all times to deliver exceptional hospitality.
- Perform cleaning and preventive maintenance as required. Move and/or organize equipment as needed.
- Maintain supplies as needed.
Other Job Functions:
- Attend all scheduled shifts on time and appropriately attired.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training sessions.
- Assist at the fitness desk as needed.
- Teamwork: Able to work in a team environment and carry out the mission of the JCC.
- Attention to Detail: Able to appropriately clean and operate strength and cardiovascular equipment.
- Responsibility: Ability to work independently, applies initiative, is organized, and meets deadlines.
- Professionalism: Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Awareness: Ability to operate all fitness equipment and entertainment options on equipment.
Equipment:Various strength and cardiovascular equipment.
- Lifting (ability to lift up to 50 pounds)
- Hand / Finger Dexterity
- Voice / Speech
- Hearing (may utilize aid)
- Vision (may be corrected)
- CPR/AED certified prior to hire. First Aid certification a plus.
- Fitness/Sports/Wellness/Health experience or school-work required. College coursework in health, sport, or exercise sciences a plus. Certification as a trainer or group fitness instructor a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required. College preferred.
Date Posted: 12/19/2017
Title: Fitness Floor Associate
JCC: Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
Location: Dallas, TX