Cumuls Broadcasting Morning Drive Anchor (Full-Time) - WBAP-AM in Dallas, Texas
The Power of Radio is hiring!
Cumulus Media’s Dallas location is offering a great opportunity for a Morning Drive Anchor (Full-Time). Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are:
Cumulus Media Dallas currently features 7 stations in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area: KTCK 1310 The Ticket, KPLX 99.5 The Wolf, KSCS 96.3 New Country, KESN 103.3 ESPN, WBAP 820 News/Talk, KLIF-AM 570 News/Talk, & KLIF-FM Hot 93.3. At Cumulus Dallas we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 94 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee. More recently, Cumulus is the proud creator of NASH- an exciting new lifestyle and entertainment brand targeting over 90 million country music fans nationwide.
Cumulus Media Dallas is seeking an experienced News Anchor (Full-Time) for WBAP 820 AM.
- Candidates for this position must have at least three years large to major market anchoring experience.
- The person’s primary function will be to anchor the top and bottom of the hour newscasts during morning drive.
- The person will use social media to drive followers and listeners to the station
- The person will monitor social media and network news for breaking news stories and post news stories online.
- Familiarity with digital audio editing software required. Experience with long-form, breaking, non-scripted, long-form news coverage is essential.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good at problem solving and prioritizing
- Great team player
What we Offer:
- Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with the fastest growing media company in the U.S.
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
- Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
- Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees.
- Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
*Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. *
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at https://www.cumulus.com/work-here/
Send resume, writing sample, and air check when applying. Applications without writing samples and air check will not be considered.
Location: Dallas, TX