SMG Cook-Part-time in Irving, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Cook at the SMG Irving Convention Center. This is a hands-on position, providing the highest level of food quality and guests satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize and prepare the production of all manual food products as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Assis the Executive Chef in following and maintaining standard recipes as listed in the SMG Food and Beverage Standard recipe book.
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions and environment.
- Attend and participate in Food Production meetings as instructed.
- Prepare menu items as directed on Production Sheet.
- Maintain quality food production standards.
- Prepare hot food items for any or all of the work stations, including but ot limited to; Fry/Sauté Station; Broiler/Roast Station; Breakfast Station; Stock, Soups, Sauces Station; and others as assigned.
- Follow all rules and regulations set by SMG.
- Safely operates all equipment.
- Maintains safety, sanitation, and health code standards.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Other duties as assigned by the Executive and/or Sous Chef(s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification of course completion from accredited culinary school, college, or technical school preferred but not required.
- Minimum 1 year hands on experience required.
- Facility/industry experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of food safety
- Strong guest service skills
- Works well with others
- Receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
- Serv-Safe or equivalent preferred but not required
This position requires regular lifting and/or moving of up to 100 pounds. Employee will be required to stand and walk for extended hours at a time. Must be able to withstand loud noise and temperature changes in the environment.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled