USAA Lead Designer in Plano, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Lead Designers for our Plano, TX facility.
Oversees and/or executes creating concepts, design and/or coding of marketing/brand communications and/or graphic user interface needs. Collaborates with key stakeholders across the enterprise to identify and define business needs. Works closely with key partners and manages suppliers to ensure quality output and production.
- A strategic partner with enterprise business stakeholders to identify the business objective.
- Applies knowledge of the business and industry to create the vision for member experiences across campaigns, projects, programs, products and channels.
- Creates concepts, designs, and/or coding and may oversee production of highly complex and integrated visual/technical solutions.
- Applies and teaches advanced knowledge of design principles and business objectives.
- Presents and communicates design and/or branding objectives, concepts and executions to executive partners and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all executions fulfill requirements.
- Ensures compliance with design, brand, legal and/or accessibility standards/requirements, as required.
- Creates and may oversee design concepts and/or prototypes for use in usability testing.
- Drives the development or improvement of design processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Monitors efforts of less experienced peers and provides feedback.
- Guides management on design related issues.
- Serves as an expert to help teams resolve escalated issues.
- Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across projects, programs, products and channels.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of design experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years experience in marketing, advertising or digital design.
- Expert understanding of marketing/advertising, user experience and/or interactive design principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience leading cross functional initiatives and influencing business decisions.
- Self-motivated, accountable, and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Subject matter expert skills working with the creative software packages (e.g., Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Subject matter expert with Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to communicate concepts.
- Experience in facilitation and/or storytelling.
- Expert understanding of human centered design methodology, including research techniques.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Lead Designer TX-Plano R0018545