Associa Temporary Settlements Specialist in Richardson, Texas
The Temporary Settlement Specialist processes resale within the Associa system. This is an accounting support position in a fast paced centralized accounting services environment providing financial services to community associations throughout North America. Candidates for this position must meet Associa’s credit requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive property transfer documents from title companies.
• Compare and confirm accuracy of information.
• Research, through various sources, ownership and/or property information.
• Post payments in Community Archives system.
• Deposit Associa funds utilizing Remote Data Capture (RDC) machine and report to Corporate Accounting Shared Services Center.
• Process resale in Complete Control for Communities (C3) system within the service level agreement timeline outlined.
• Order coupons for new owners in C3 system.
• Work with Community Manager when address is not found in C3 system.
• Escalate exceptions as necessary to Accounts Receivable Manager.
• Adhere to jurisdiction rules.
• File documents in vault.
• Communicate with branch personnel and title companies regarding settlement issues.
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of escrow, title and/or real estate transaction.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures (US GAAP).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
• Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
• Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
• Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• 2 – 5 years of directly related or closely related experience
• Mortgage closing experience, understands how to read Final HUD 1 statements, and mortgage deeds preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.