Sabre Senior Software Engineer in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 19481
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
We are looking for a Senior Java developer to join the Customer Identity and Access Management team. Consisting of both new and existing applications, you will be working on a team with team members in Poland, UK and in USA. Our enterprise applications are business critical to Sabre global clients serving client requests at over 7000 transaction a second.
You will work on a business critical IAM application 50% of your time. The product manages the provisioning of internal and external customer data. The application is a highly configurable COTS product built by a third party vendor. Your responsibilities will include managing the product configurations, maintaining custom java code built by the vendor, infrastructural needs, ensuring compliance with Sabre standards, interacting with the third party vendor resolving open issues, product deployments and releases. You will also be working very closely with the third party vendor team as they build next phase of this product.
You will be working the other 50% of the time on some back-end applications, building RESTful WebServices interacting with many of Sabre’s core applications in a highly complex, high volume, enterprise environment which require background in core Java development.
• Develops, codes, tests and debugs moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity
• Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them
• Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
• Creates and assists in development of software technical documentation
• Conduct necessary testing before implementation.
‘Must have’ skills:
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
• 3+ years of programming experience in Java
• Experience with HTTP, Maven, GIT
• Experience with building database queries
• Experience working with Directories
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
• Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams
• experience working on Agile projects
‘Nice to have’ skills:
• Experience with building RESTful or SOAP webservices
• Experience in Groovy, SAML, Spring
• Experience in JMS, server side products
• Knowledge of web technologies and tools (ex. Apache, Tomcat)
• Good communication skills in English, written and verbal
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work in a fast pace environment
• Some knowledge of Websphere MQ is a plus
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers